Luzia

As the year drew to a close, I found myself with my family (sans Anna, unfortunately) trooping to the Grand Chapiteau to once again watch Cirque du Soleil. This time, we were going to watch a spectacle called Luzia. It's a show depicting a carnival-styled imagining of Mexico. Devoid of a clear narrative, the artists' theme centred on the importance of water to the culture, the vibrant colours of the Mexican landscape, and the diversity of its wildlife.

Just like in the other Grand Chapiteau performances I have been to, I was once again entranced and captivated by the performances in this variety show. After the stage lights dimmed, I felt like I was being woken up from a dream. 

As we walked out of the venue, I started to look forward to my next trip to the Grand Chapiteau.   






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses