Taho!

As children, Anna, Biboy, and I had taho as breakfast typically on the weekend. I remember Anna and Biboy rushing out of bed early in the morning when they start hearing the vendor's plaintive call, "Tahooooo!" as he walked, carrying two pails: one containing the soy curd and the other containing melted sugar and the sago. I'd be the strategic one, of course, staying back and letting the two run after the taho... they'd be carrying my breakfast bowl too.

Now that we're a lot bigger, older, and wiser... my brother and my sister still jump out of bed to chase after the taho vendor with breakfast bowls on hand for their weekend breakfast... and mine.

I find it funny that there are things that never change in my family, despite the distance and the time that has flown fast.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses