chicken egg rolls à la Nizam's

I thought that our East Indian food adventure was at its end as our brief stay in New Delhi was ending. However, Arindam proved me wrong by bringing us to a restaurant called Nizam's Kathi Kabab in Connaught Place.


It looked like a regular restaurant, very unassuming and very homey... that is, until I noticed all the certificates hanging on the wall. These were the awards that the restaurant has won over the past few years for being one of the best dining places in the city. Along with the aromas wafting from the kitchen, I thought that I was in for another round of extraordinary gastronomy.

We ordered chicken egg rolls. These were so delicious! At first, I thought that these were similar to shawarma; however, these chicken egg rolls were greasier than the typical shawarma. It was a good idea to not indulge myself with a heavy lunch before the trip to Nizam's because my egg roll (in the picture) was so filling that I thought it was good as a full meal (but still with a niggling feeling that it's not because there's no rice).


While I was munching on my egg roll, I thought that once again, an activity draws to a close and it involved meat wrapped. It's like the Avengers going to a shawarma place after saving New York City from Loki's attack (in a post-credit scene). However, instead of a group of superheroes quietly chewing on their food, I was in a talkative group of foodies discussing what the next stage of our project would look like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses