dinner, Made in Punjab

After arriving in New Delhi, we visited the DLF Mall of India in Noida, a city that is part of India's National Capital Region. The mall is said to be the second biggest mall in the country and is described as a destination mall, which I think means that this mall is like a tourist spot (with a wide selection of dining and entertainment options).


For dinner, we trooped to a restaurant called Made in Punjab. By the time we got here, I've already tried the food in two states in East India (West Bengal and Odisha) and in Telangana. From these experiences, I had formed the idea that Indian food is definitely more than the dhal and the curries that I've previously been exposed to in the USA and in the Philippines.


I was amazed that Indian cuisine had so much more to offer. In Made in Punjab, we were wowed by a famous Punjabi export, the tikka, which I liked very much when I first tried it in California. I haven't finished working my head around Mughal cuisine, but now I was faced with the cuisine inherited from the Sikh Empire. My first impression is that there's a lot more meat and milk in this cuisine. The cheese (paneer) here was so good too! And the flavours were bolder and rounder here. 





I had an absolutely excellent time dining in Made in Punjab. I felt like I was just scraping the tip of the iceberg with my dinner here... how much more diversity in cuisine would I encounter when I go to yet another city? A very fascinating Indian food journey indeed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses