Human Nature

ARoS is the largest art museum in Denmark and I wasn't able to tour the place! But that's because I was busy with UNLEASH networking with participants in the same region... but at least this activity happened inside an art gallery. I'll take that as a consolation.

The participants were assigned galleries for meet-ups based on their continent. Uhm... Asia is the largest continent in the planet. There's no way we could properly network post-UNLEASH if the region wasn't subdivided. 

Stop complaining, I thought to myself; the poster did indicate that Asia has been subdivided into three groups: Asia, Middle East, and East Pacific Asia (only that East Pacific Asia now also includes Oceania).


Interesting choice of venue for Asians (I was included in Asia, not in East Pacific Asia). We were assigned to the gallery containing the exhibit called "Human Nature", which, according to the introduction, is all about focusing on what is true throughout time rather than what changes over the passage. 

I have three favourites among the paintings selected for the exhibit. Unfortunately, I didn't take note of the artists. And for some reason, all of them, at least in my interpretation, expressed women waiting. Do these paintings show that women tend to wait at the sidelines while men make the world go round? Or are they about patiently biding their time until their opportunities for growth arise?




It brought me pause, which is a good thing, because that's how I bumped into a fellow Pinay who participated in UNLEASH. She works at the water company Maynilad and was assigned to the water theme in UNLEASH. We first met during the opening program, of course, but seeing her again was good... finally, I could speak in Filipino again after 10 days of only speaking in English (not that I minded too much, it's much easier than missing rice).

Because the time in ARoS was short, I didn't get to see the other exhibits. This is still in my bucket list for when I find myself again in Denmark. Definitely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses