teppanyaki dinner with two anthropologists

I like eating Japanese food. Most of my exposure to the cuisine, though, has been limited to sushi, ramen, and salmon sashimi. So when Arindam invited me to go to dinner at a Japanese restaurant with him and another anthropologist (who is also a bonafide foodie), I was excited.

We went to Isshin, which is located along Pasay Road. We had good timing because I was able to park immediately while restaurants in this area typically didn't have enough parking lots for patrons who drove over. 

The second anthropologist I met is Gayia Beyer of Havas Media Ortega, a colleague of Arindam's. Aside from introducing Arindam and me to Isshin, she also ordered food to be prepared on a teppanyaki, a steel griddle on which food could be cooked, heated, and served. Another first for me.


The nice thing about eating at a teppanyaki table was that we got a close look at how our food was being made. Our friendly chef even customised my food so that I didn't get food allergies


Over good food, we traded stories about what Arindam and I do for the BMGF-DFC project and what she does to understand target consumer culture and behaviour with the aim of developing ways to sell clients' products. Sitting at the dining table with anthropologists just make for one very interesting discussion!

I'm looking forward to our next dinner conversation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses