Homesick? Eat at Jollibee!

"Isang araw na lang, Jollibee nanaman. Ang araw lulubog; bukas mabubusog sa ChickenJoy manok at YumBurger bilog. I love you, Sabado, pati na rin Linggo! Antay ka lang Jollibee, andyan na ako! Panlasang Pilipino, at home sa Jollibee!"

Biboy was craving for some langhap sarap goodness because he's already missing it. We met him at Seafood City's Jollibee branch for dinner. Anna didn't join us because she's reviewing for her certification exam at the time.

When we entered Jollibee, the company's jingle when I was a kid suddenly started playing in my head. It reminded me of the time when Saturday and Sunday were exciting because that's when the whole family went to Manila to eat out... yes, back in the day, fastfood chains hadn't penetrated my hometown yet so eating at Jollibee was a whole-day affair in Manila. 


A post shared by Rochie Cuevas (@rochiecuevas) on


I guess that's the staying power of the Bee... it plays on our family values, touching the hearts of multiple generations of Filipinos. It also plays on the concept of home in Filipino diaspora, I think. Like my brother who appeared homesick that night. His remedy: Chicken Joy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses