family dinner at the Mandarin Palace

Just a few hours after Ninang Trining and Ninong Romy arrived from their short visit to Australia, I was already inviting them to dinner because I knew that their schedule was very tight for this Philippine stopover... Ninang Trining was participating the next day in an outreach program in Central Luzon the next morning. I'm just not sure if they went back to Tarlac, to the same hospital they visited in 2010. 

But because Lola Bats is at a ripe old age of (almost) 102 years, they suggested that we eat dinner at the Mandarin Palace instead of the Black Pig... the Mandarin Palace is just five minutes away from Lola's place, after all.


The place has definitely improved its service by leaps and bounds since the first time I was here. The food was also very delicious. Most importantly, Lola Bats was very happy to see us (I haven't given her her Christmas gift yet... that made her even happier) and I was able to seize the opportunity to spend a bit of time with Ninang and Ninong. 

The next time I'd see them is when I visit them in Michigan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses