Good bye, Ninong Romy!

My uncle and godfather, Romy, was an enthusiastic golf player. A few years back, he was with me, Daddy, and Biboy at the Fernando Airbase Golf Course. It was my first time on a golf course because I've always just practiced my swing in the driving range.

It caught me by surprise when my aunt, Ninang Trining, sent a message to the rest of the family that Ninong Romy was confined in the hospital, in very bad shape. Ninong Romy, after all, always seemed to be in good physical condition. A few hours later, he passed away.

I didn't realise that the last time I'd see him was the dinner I had with them and Lola Bats when they arrived from Australia, in early March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses