isn't it ironic?

Life is like a box of chocolate. Some of its surprises infuriate; some of them light up one's day; some of them leave people scratching their heads.

This post lists down random things that remind me of figures of speech. Are they ironic? paradoxical? oxymoronic? metaphorical? I'm not sure. But they did wake me from my reverie when I noticed them.
  1. Gas stations with shops that serve liquor and sell lighters to customers.
  2. Public utility vehicles that have "No Smoking" stickers prominently placed, but the drivers continue to puff on cigarettes anyway.
  3. A cigarette-smoking traffic enforcer flagging down a vehicle for smoke-belching.
  4. Children begging or hawking flowers to vehicles while their mothers or guardians gossiped on the sidewalk.
  5. "The Neverending Story" ended.
to be continued... 
... someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses