the end of the world (as we know it) -- 4

Increased environment-friendliness affects the way we do business.


One response to all these environmental changes that made a huge impact to so many people is the ban on plastic shopping bags, particularly in Laguna and Quezon. Personally, it took a while before I got used to bringing a shopping bag with me all the time (just in case I make a pit stop at the mall or the grocery). Then a few days ago, I found out that there's a move in San Pablo City that prohibits restaurants from issuing drinking straws. That's even less plastic use!



In the event that plastic shopping bags are no longer the norm in the rest of the country, would its manufacturing become obsolete eventually? With an increased use of paper bags, are we killing off more trees than before?

* * *

I just got thinking about all these things when I noticed the date: December 22, 2011. We are less than a year away from the much-hyped interpretations of the Mayan calendar. We've got 364 days 'til the world ends: 12.21.12.

Do you think that this is true? Or another much-anticipated date, like January 1, 2000?

<< Previous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses