my leaflet-making comes full circle

I'm still in reminiscing mode after my other blog post today, since my supervisor for (almost) eight years is moving on to the next stage of her career...

I became involved with a musical show called The Sounds of Christmas two days before the event. I became in charge of doing what I enjoy best in these events: preparing the playbook (in this case, the program leaflets), taking over some of the visual aspects of the show, coordinating with the tech crew... things that happen on the back-end, invisible to the audience, but important in making a show as flawless and as seamless as possible.

While folding the leaflets at the front row of the auditorium, I remembered one of my first creative assignments with Dr Melissa Fitzgerald, my supervisor: in 2004, I had to prepare the lay-out of invitation cards for the opening of what was then known as the Grain Quality and Nutrition Research Center (the lab underwent two name changes since then). Afterwards, I'd been assigned or been involved in producing leaflets, brochures, and handouts tailored to fit the needs of whoever needed an introduction to what the Center does. I've also prepped a program and handled back-end stuff for Mozart's Requiem, my first involvement with the Mud Springs n-tet (where Melissa plays the clarinet). 

As Melissa's stint draws to a close, The Sounds of Christmas appears to be the last program leaflet I prepared (and on the fly too!) for a project/program that involves her as an IRRI staff. I just found it interesting that I began, and will end, working under her supervision with preparing program leaflets. 

I've come full circle indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses