impromptu visit to Caleruega

I've always said that if I go out in the afternoon on a whim, I end up in Tagaytay City or in tourist destinations close to it. This was one of those instances. With a few friends in tow, I went to visit Caleruega in Nasugbu, Batangas.





The flowers in bloom may be less colorful but the place still has that relaxing atmosphere that never fails to make me feel at peace... and according to the place's slogan, "closer to God".

My friends, who came prepared with SLRs, took the opportunity to take lots of photos of landscapes and of flowers. I wasn't as prepared as they were so I just took in most of the view WITHOUT taking pictures. After all, I went here on a whim, not for a photo shoot.



Obviously, however, I couldn't take the photography bug off me. I just had to take photos, especially of the great views of farmland and mountains that could be seen at the peak of the Caleruega camp site. And so, in lieu of an SLR, I just contented myself with the camera in my mobile phone.


The impromptu photography trip ended when the sun set over the mountains visible from Caleruega. As the twilight started to deepen, we made our way back to Tagaytay City.

Another serene golden afternoon in one of my favorite quiet spots in this part of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses