Review: the Kim n' Chi dinner

Soups. Some of the best comfort foods in the world.

And one of the most delicious soups I've tasted is found in Kim N' Chi (Glorietta 4, Makati). The food displays were attractive, but what caught my attention was the funny cartoon character by the sign board and on the soup bowls (which can be seen in the picture below).

There were lots of choices in the Asian-themed menu. For my first meal there, I ordered the dumpling soup after being reassured that it does not contain seafood. Instead of being given my soup right away though, I was handed a restaurant pager. It's meant I could roam around for a seat and some beverage while waiting for my soup.

It wasn't a long wait though. In a few minutes, I was enjoying my dumpling soup while watching the view of the Christmas-themed Glorietta 4 Park below.

Kim n' Chi's dumpling soup

The dumpling soup was delicious! The vegetables were crunchy and the beef strips were tender. The dumplings were also nice, although I thought that the wrapping was a bit too thick (maybe that's because I'm used eating fried dumplings). However, it was the soup itself that made the dish wonderful. It was rich and tasty without being overpowering. It was light and refreshing yet warm and comforting. Perfect for a relatively cool evening while nursing a dehydration-induced headache.

Next time, I'm going to try the bibimbap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses