on the road, listening to Pure... Drive

The CD subtitle and cover was what piqued my interest. Who could resist such a CD compilation after being promised a long drive with some of the greatest songs in the background, right? After all, long road trips could be a bore while listening to endless radio jock banter, current music selections, and the old and reliable long-drive CD (in my case, it's my 2-CD EWF compilation).

Anyway, I got Sony Music's Pure... Drive, a four-CD music compilation, and was very excited to find out that some of my favorite songs are in it! I always look forward to listen to songs from decades past on Fridays (when the local DJs play the 80s and 90s music). Now I can listen to them ANYTIME!! The only caveat, however, is that the songs in Pure... Drive are best played when driving on the open road; much like when Lightning McQueen and Sally Carrera went driving along the old Mother Road.

There are some songs in the four CDs that are definitely great driving companions. However, there were a few songs that took me by surprise because I couldn't imagine them being played by road-weary drivers. These songs are the downright boring ones in the list. Since I have yet to test drive the Pure... Drive compilation on a really long road trip, I can't really say that those songs are really bad ones. Perhaps when the driving gets rough, these "boring" songs can tide drivers over. We'll see...

In the meantime, I've taken the CDs on a spin through my daily commute. So far, so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses