sunflower surprise!

Sunshiny flowers :D
happy flowers

A few hectares away, in a different part of the farm, I caught my first glimpse of yellow flowers against the greenery. As if by magic, the flowers seemed to have sprouted out of nowhere; but in reality, I've noticed the broadleaf plants before though I never gave them a second thought.

Lenie had mentioned that this field was going to be cleaned up soon; hence it was the best time to drop by and have a closer look. Kuya Ferdie kindly drove all of us to the sunflower patch and we took the opportunity to shoot photos.

Nothing but the sight of rows upon rows of sunflowers could wipe away my fatigue after a morning of work under the sun's heat. Well, unless it's a field of tulips, my favorite flowers. :)

Seeing the field with the happy sunflowers reminded me of the Disney Alice in Wonderland classic (1951), one of the cartoons I used to watch every single day back when I was younger. In the movie, Alice found herself in the midst of such giant plants with snobs as flowers. Somewhere within the flower forest, a hookah-smoking caterpillar (and I can't help but recall Alan Rickman's voice from the more recent film) sat on a toadstool, giving enigmatic lessons or absolute nonsense.

In real life, of course, there's no giant blue caterpillar. The flowers couldn't sing either. However, I still felt as if I were in Underland that sunny morning. Somehow, being in a sunflower patch in the midst of rice and corn fields was surreal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses