Tayo na sa Antipolo

I like to travel, don't get me wrong. But I normally prepare for my trips by studying the route on a map or I have a knowledgeable navigator among my passengers (if I'm the designated driver). Lately, however, I've been going to places I've never been to before thanks to classmates in culinary arts class.

Last time I was with them on a road trip, I ended up parking in Montalban, Rizal as part of a three-car convoy a few hours after class. This time, I was up for yet another drive but to somewhere closer (I think): Antipolo, Rizal.

No, we weren't there to visit the famous church frequented by pilgrim travelers nor the Hinulugang Taktak. We had lunch at a Padi's Point roadside restaurant. Ordinary enough, I thought, until I saw the view. Beyond the trees of the mountain we were on, I caught a glimpse of the waters of Laguna de Bay and the peak of Talim Island on the left, and the skyline of Metro Manila on the right. I should have brought my dSLR camera with me. But since I didn't, I settled for the iPad's camera app.

                            


The place reminded me of the series of bulalo restaurants along the highway in Tagaytay where people can eat a meal while gazing upon the Taal Lake and the Taal Volcano.

Thank you Liza, Erwin, and Mike for that enjoyable trip to Antipolo. I'm looking forward to our next adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses