Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar, part 3

My parents had grand plans about this year's vacation: walking down colonial era memory lane, digging one's toes into the sand, and lounging beside crystal clear waters. 

... And so my family ended up in Bagac, Bataan. More specifically, we spent a weekend at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar.

---

Bataan is a province I've been to only once before but it's a place of curiosity for me because that's where the Philippines' only (mothballed) nuclear plant is found. This was in the back of my mind when morning came and I just realized how close I was to the facility when I saw it while walking on the beach.

The beach in Bagac isn't white. It's grayish; because of the dark color, it could get pretty hot as the day progressed. Unfortunately, my mom's not into swimming, any water sport, or staying by the beach so we just had a good look, Anna and Daddy got an ice cream, and I took photos of the beach. Then we headed off to the pool.

The beach in Bagac, Bataan

I wonder then what made my mom think she'd enjoy Palawan or Boracay when she couldn't stay too long by the water's edge. While at the beach, I couldn't help but think of Biboy and his wife, Barbara, who were left in California... they're housesitting while the parents were here with the big sisters, Anna and me.

I dig my toes into the sand... I wish you were here.

The pool wasn't deep, about five feet at its deepest, but the water was quite cold. I was wary about jumping in at first because I had chills the night we arrived... was dehydrated and tired from the long drive and then I had to stay in a really cold bedroom. The water, however, was just too enticing to pass up. So when the day turned a bit hotter after breakfast, I took the plunge.

Anna testing the water's temperature right after breakfast.

Who wouldn't, with the pool looking like that, right?


Digging my toes into the sand: Check!
Lounging by crystal clear waters: Check!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses