my big year... sort of

No, this post is not about drastic changes in my life that made 2014 a bigger year than the previous ones. No, this post is not about me gaining weight. Rather, it's about me and my intermittent bird chases on my trips. So yeah, this post is inspired both by the IRRI birds exhibit and the movie Big Year (2011)

I don't carry with me the extremely long lenses that birders often use. I don't sit still for a long time waiting for a bird to take a pose. And I don't bother with the birds' behaviors or with their names. 

Want to help me out with the bird names? Feel free to add the common, or even the scientific, names in the comments! I'm adding bird photos as I go along. Here we go...

(Singapore 2014)

(Singapore 2014)

(Calistoga 2014)

(Calistoga 2014)

(Calistoga 2014)

(Calistoga 2014)

(Concord 2014)

(Calistoga 2014)

(Palo Alto 2014)

(Davis 2012)

(Davis 2012)
(Singapore 2014)
                         
                                                                 (Los Banos, 2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses