Seasons of love (for that fire tree)

(Almost) ten years ago, I got what I thought was the best seat in the GQNC bullpen. Today, I still think that it's a prime piece of real estate and it would be interesting to see how things will play out in the lab after the pioneers move on with their careers and their lives. This sentiment came about as I was listening to the cast of Rent's recording of "Seasons of Love" over the lunch break, a song I particularly like.

Speaking of seasons, I'm amazed with the view. The fire tree that I could see through my window is ever changing its appearance, marking the changes in seasons. It's bare during the summer and then grows leaves over the rainy season... Eventually leading to a burst of vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges.

A reminder that nothing is permanent, perhaps. Or maybe that everything comes full circle. And somehow, I could associate these with circumstances I and my colleagues face these days....

The group as it had been for the past decade, my family away from home, is bracing for changes.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses