The Jane Austen Book Club (2007)

I can't believe that this movie is actually seven years old! And that I saw it in the cinema with one of my housemates in Queensland back then. I write about it now while watching it being shown in HBO.

Before this movie, I have only seen the film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and I don't think I've read any of Jane Austen's classics (unbelievable, but true) at that time. I'm amazed that the members of the book club were so immersed in the stories that they could relate with the characters in the Austen classics.  

It must be cool to find a set of friends who are so into books that they could discuss the characters' motivations and the plots passionately. Maybe I need to find friends like that: they make reading classics sound fun... not as a school requirement. I have yet to return to reading The Little Prince (Antoine Saint-Exupery) and The Prophet (Kahlil Gibran) because I absolutely did not appreciate these works of art when I was in high school. I didn't even finish reading them.

When I had finished watching the movie in 2007, I went to the bookstore and got myself a copy of the Jane Austen collection! I haven't finished reading the books though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses