On Strawberry Hill

Deep inside the Golden Gate Park, there's a spot that I have been raring to see since I visited in January with Anna and Vernon: Strawberry Hill. It's situated in the middle of Stow Lake. This lake is man-made, just like Caliraya


However, Stow Lake is most certainly smaller than Caliraya. At one point, Strawberry Hill is accessible through a stone bridge across a narrow part of Stow Lake. We thought that this spot was a good place for a photo op, along with the other visitors... 



Across the bridge, we were met by a dirt path. We followed it initially. But then the weather became a lot colder; the fog settled lower (covering the middle of the tall trees in the area); and we had started layering up. So we retreated even before we saw the tourist attractions of the hill. Oh well, there's always a next time. I'll come back to see what promises to be picturesque places.

In the meantime, my siblings took the opportunity for photos. Yes, they chose a tree and climbed up.



We saw several animals. There were what looked like a snowy egret and a Canada goose near the water. More inland, we saw several squirrels, but they moved too fast for my photography reflexes. 


It's much easier for me to spot and to photograph birds now; a good improvement! I'm now looking forward to the next time I walk around and photograph animals... with my mobile phone or my Canon Powershot SX720 HS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses