David Cook

Rating:★★★★
Category:Music
Genre: Rock
Artist:David Cook
I finally bought a copy of David Cook's debut album without the expectations that come from listening to his covers in American Idol. At first, the songs (except Light On, Time of My Life, and Permanent) sounded all alike (because they're the rock songs). But after a few listens, I was able to distinguish one song from the next. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the scratchy, raspy voice (I felt he'd lose his voice by the end of the album); nevertheless, I liked the set enough that it keeps me company when I'm on the road.

My favourite song (and I liked ALL the songs in the album) is "Declaration," which is deemed to be dedicated to Cook's fans (according to some reviews). When listening to it, I had the impression that it went even further: the lyrics have a spiritual tone to it too, more in the lines of Switchfoot, Vertical Horizon, or Jars of Clay, perhaps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses