GQNPC Road Trip Leg 3: At the PMA

July 17, 2010.

Off Kennon Road, we went next to the Philippine Military Academy. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the aviary and the parks up close because of the tight schedule. Still, seeing military relics by the Korean War Memorial was enjoyable. It looked like a popular spot, with all the people taking photos or having picnics by the artillery.

The park fast became a playground, of sorts. A lot of kids were running or were treating the tanks as jungle gyms. Office mates were taking souvenir shots, while I wandered off on my own, mainly, to appreciate the sights. 

And I did enjoy the sights... but I did not appreciate the itchy feel of the grass! I went into one of the armoured tanks (or whatever they're called) and up the view deck, wanting to see what people looked like from up there. They never expected me to be up there; otherwise, they'd look like they're targets of a firing squad. 

Enough of the relics... One of the things I like about Baguio is the colourful array of flowers. And the gardens of the PMA is no exception. Vivid reds and purples lined the streets, along with the tall pines. I never got far, though, because we needed to check into the hotel ASAP. Hence, I never got to the grandstand, to the giant hat, or to whatever location the PMA still had to show to tourists. 

* Sigh *

I'd love to come back and see the other sights in the PMA someday. This visit was just too short.

Comments

  1. andito pala ang baguio pictures! sa photos section ko hinahanap e... nice! Pro-fey-sional ka na...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yes, nasa blog ang photos. May problema ang photo uploader sa Mac ko kasi. Kaya ayan, sa blog muna. Napipilitan tuloy akong piliin ang mga pictures, hindi basta photo dump. Kamusta naman mga photos?

    Nung July 18 ako naging Pro-fey-sional. =) Dito, Amateur pa lang ako. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Nakita mo na yung ibang posts? May paunti-unting mga pictures din. Basta lahat nung GQNPC Road Trip Leg 3. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses