Running risks.

I have never taken a second look at a race form/waiver except to check if I have accomplished it properly. However, I changed my attitude about this after reading sad stories from the July 4 Milo Marathon Manila elimination

Point 6 in the declaration of fitness and waiver says:
"On behalf of myself, my heirs, and executors, I hereby waive and release all rights or claims for damages I may have... for any illness, injury, death, damage or loss I may sustain during, or as a consequence of the activity."

Oh, come on! Runners get wounds, sprains, fractures, torn ligaments, dehydration, or electrolyte imbalance... but I never thought people actually died in running events. I thought wrong. The most tragic of these stories was that a 21km participant collapsed on his last 1km. It's literally his last. He passed away 48 hours later due to multiple organ failure. May his soul rest in peace.

His death is an eye-opener to the risks of such a strenuous activity. There's a list of reminders published specially for beginners (like me) on running safely:

Comments

  1. natakot naman ako bigla terochie :((

    ReplyDelete
  2. nakakapraning diba? paalala sa atin ito na dapat seryoso tayo sa ating paghahanda para sa pagtakbo. totoo palang may namamatay e. tsk. wag mag-alala, kami ni dara napraning din.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses