somewhere out there...


Anyone remember Fievel Mousekewitz and his sister, Tanya, singing under the same moonlight in An American Tail? Well, as I was looking at this beautiful sunset in Burgos, Ilocos Norte, very close to the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, I wondered if other people were also staring in awe at the same sunset elsewhere in the country. I mean, I pulled over the side of the highway by a cliff just to take this photo. 

In the words of the rodent siblings in the cartoon:

Somewhere out there,
Beneath the pale moonlight,
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight.

Somewhere out there,
Someone's saying a prayer,
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there.

And even though I know how very far apart we are,
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star.

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.

It was, somehow, heartwarming to learn that a few of my friends were indeed staring at the same sunset as I was that Sunday evening in August, albeit in different locations and in different coasts. It was a shared experience, that sunset-watching was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses