Joy Hing BBQ Noodle House

The San Francisco Chinatown is touted as the largest Chinese community outside Asia and the oldest one in North America. Based on my experience, frequenting the oldest Chinatown in the world (Binondo) when I was still based in the Philippines, there should be a lot of great restaurants in the Chinatown in SF. But I didn't get a chance to try one out (if I'm not counting the delicious boba tea I bought in a shop near the Dragon Gate) until one Saturday afternoon when my classmates and I walked from Main Street to Kearny Street in search of affordable noodle soup. 

Grace, one of my classmates, directed us to Joy Hing BBQ Noodle House along Kearny St. I chose the pho ga with ginger scallion dip (yes... it looks like the Chinese restaurant is serving up some Vietnamese fare). I have to say that it was the best pho ga I have tasted outside of Hanoi

Grace and Janel had similar soups but with different noodles while Andrew (our instructor at the UC Berkeley Data Analytics and Visualisation boot camp) chose chow mein. We all had nothing but praise for the food. In fact, once I got home, I told Mommy and Daddy about it and they're excited to try it too. 

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses