Home is all about comfort and security.

Daisy Tam (Research Assistant Professor in Humanities at the Hong Kong Baptist University) said during a panel discussion at Asia Society HK's "In a Grain of Rice: Food and Culture for South and Southeast Asia" program (January 12, 2014) that the sense of home is not necessarily tied to a geographical location anymore. Home is where ever one feels safe and comfortable.

For me, home is where my family is. 

While everyone was busy watching The Lorax, Patrick and I were busy eating our second round of dinner. :)
In this case, I spent Christmas 2013 with my parents, my brother and his then-fiancee (now his wife), my cousins and their children. Despite the stars of the night being those humongous steamed crabs (I had to eat by the couch and not with the rest of my family by the dining table), this year's Christmas party beats spending New Year's Eve alone anytime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses