AdMU days: Looking the part

I've taken up a teaching assignment at the Ateneo de Manila University. This semester, I teach Biotechnology for Everyone, a course designed for non-biology majors. I'll write about my experiences from time to time.

As with any speaking engagement, my last concern is always, ALWAYS, what I should wear. Honestly, for my teaching semester at the Ateneo, I had thought that I had enough business-y clothes for the whole semester so I didn't think this through well enough. After all, my mom and I went on a shopping spree at Old Navy last Christmas and I got a lot of office-attire-worthy clothes at seriously huge discounts.

... I realised soon early in the semester that I was dead wrong. 

Good thing is I have a sister and a bunch of friends who are willing to help me with boosting my office/teaching/conference wardrobe. Anna gifted me with a skirt; however, she bought a size too small... I have to get thinner to fit in it. She's also with me when I saw a pair of nude pumps at Marks & Spencer (way before school started), a pair that has fast become my favourite pair of school shoes.

On a different shopping day out, Joann and Kor were with me at the Festival Mall branch of Payless Shoes where I got two pairs of pumps at very low prices: a bronze pair and a purple pair. We were there when a lot of the shoes were being sold at a huge discount! During that same trip, they helped me find a nice tangerine orange wrap dress that is now one of my go-to dresses.

And on another of these recent shopping expeditions, Matty helped me further boost my dress collection. He found two dresses that instantly screamed "Buy me!": an A-line belted dress at Debenhams and a piped fit and flare dress at Banana Republic (I felt like I was muted down version of the Girl in the Green Scarf).

he's the sharp-eyed fashion consultant that afternoon
My sister and my friends did a great job, if I may so myself. They helped me get pieces that I could wear in school and when I attend formal occasions. The rest, then, depended on me carrying the clothes well when I need to be in front of an audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses