earthquake!

I fell asleep straight after watching the Italian Job for the nth time. I didn't even realise that I fell asleep until I felt like I got hit broadside by a truck. Of course, this was in the middle of the night and in the living room, so I couldn't have been hit by a truck. 

My brain zeroed in on earthquake. And once again, I reacted a few minutes too late. How do you duck, cover, and hold when an earthquake hits in the middle of the night and you realise that it's an earthquake after the shaking?

I checked online just to confirm if there indeed was a quake. Google's first result is this:


The Magnitude 4.4 quake was centred near Berkeley, according to findings. Being in close proximity to the San Andreas Fault, this area receives its fair share of earthquakes. So why was I even surprised? Take note that I came from the other side of the Pacific Ring of Fire... where earthquakes happen quite often too.

What a way to welcome the year, California!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses