The end of post-grad life begins...

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

Four years ago, in July 2005, I began my journey as a post-grad student, not knowing whether I took on a challenge larger than I can handle, or it's something that I can finish. All I knew then, was that an answered prayer was beginning to unfold... my goal of entering grad school was here at last. 

"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." - Jean Luc Picard

The years went on as if a blur of building friendships, reaching goals, experiencing failures and triumphs... plus the opportunity to see other parts of the world. Last year's highlight was pulling through the difficult task of submitting my thesis manuscript in September 2008. Thank goodness for my love of taking pictures... I have a lot of memories to keep, albeit my absence in almost all of these shots.

At last, I was at the end of this journey. What made this even clearer, was what I saw the first day I was back in the lab at the University of Queensland, although this WASN'T OFFICIAL until July 24th...

Hehe :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses