Lola Estay's babang luksa

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance..."
 Ecclesiastes 3: 1-4 (KJV)

It's been a year since Lola Estay's death. For the past year, members of my family have been in mourning: there were no feasts, no big celebrations, and many wore dark-colored clothes. But on February 28th, family ended mourning. People dropped by my aunt's house for snacks (and me, also for dinner). There were a LOT of visitors. The cooks in the outdoor kitchen were working like bees to make sure that there was a continuous supply of food at the buffet table. 

I was assigned to take photos of this happy family occasion. They say that the visitors were mainly friends and family. Honestly, I don't know half of the people I was taking photos of. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses