vanilla cupcake bakery: packaging is key

One of my favorite animated movies is Disney's Alice in Wonderland (1951). Two of my favorite scenes there were when Alice went inside the White Rabbit's house and became a giant and when Alice came across the Mad Hatter's outdoor "Very Merry Unbirthday" party.

These two scenes came to mind when my sister and I saw the Vanilla Cupcake Bakery at the Alabang Town Center last night. Both of us were so charmed by the interiors and by the cupcake display that we opted to have dessert there (instead of going to a coffee shop, as we would normally do after dinner).

I felt like we entered the White Rabbit's dining room, were about to eat the Mad Hatter's cakes, and the Dormouse could come out of the teapots at anytime! I wasn't surprised to see that most of the customers, when we dropped by, were girls. There were teens who all looked as charmed of the place as my sister and me. There also were a number of really young girls (probably in pre-school) who had convinced their dads, no doubt with their moms' help, to sit and have tea and cupcakes with them.
 
Vanilla Cupcake Bakery has illustrated that great branding and atmosphere are very powerful mechanisms in reeling the customers in. The owners have done a really good job at packaging their product.

---

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses