An enchanting afternoon at Sonya's (secret) Garden

One sunny morning, Tita Ruby had lunch with Cindy, Crystal, and me at the famous Sonya's Garden in Tagaytay City. I was enchanted because I had felt like I was entering the tropical version of Frances Hodgson Burnett's secret garden, far from the hustle and bustle of this tourist city. 

Admittedly, I've eaten at restaurants in Tagaytay City featuring better tasting food than Sonya's Garden. However, I think that the star wasn't really the food. 

It was the garden

Just imagine having an idyllic lunch amid waterfalls and fountains gurgling happily in the garden, birds chirping up in the foliage, and brightly colored flowers blooming against the greenery. 







As if those were not enough, there were souvenir shops that feature collectors' items that are reminiscent of the days gone past (aka. furniture and decorations whose styles follow don't follow modern silhouettes).



As we ended our exploration of Sonya's (secret) Garden, we met a Labrador Retriever. Friendly doggie. :)


What a relaxing afternoon! Thank you, Tita Ruby!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses