AdMU days: and just like that, the term's over

I've taken up a teaching assignment at the Ateneo de Manila University. This semester, I teach Biotechnology for Everyone, a course designed for non-biology majors. I'll write about my experiences from time to time.

Once upon a time, these kids have dreamed of stepping into their dream university, ready to take on the world. One academic term into their programs at the Ateneo and now they are well on their way to make their next dreams come true: to earn a degree that will light paths to careers and experiences of their choosing. 

It's been a privilege for me to have known these bright students somewhat, because I only taught them in one course: how they think, how they see the world of science, and how they think and feel about contributing to the development of the country.

As they trudge on in college, I wish them all well and I promise them that everything will happen for the best. Later on in life, they will look back to faded memories and hazy images of their first semester as college students and I do hope that they will remember Biotechnology for Everyone favourably.
(Freshies no more. They survived one school term already.)

Good luck and God bless you, dear Freshmen! If there is something I can tell you about life 16 years after I entered the University of the Philippines Los BaƱos, it is this: You will surprise yourself with how far you have gone. Just keep your light shining brightly. 

Lux in Domino.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses