Happy birthday to me!

Here's a life lesson: happiness is a choice. A few people have said that I am similar to Joy in Inside Out. I try, I really do. There are days that are good and easy but there are days when I fake it until I make it (through the day). When the going is rough, all I can do is look at life through rose-coloured glasses. Unfortunately, some of those off-days came as June closed and July began. 

The days leading up to my birthday weren't so good so I didn't feel like celebrating my birthday this year. But I did learn something on those days: steer clear from people who feel that they are in the centre of other people's universes. It is not often that I am made to feel that I am not supposed to be where I am or that I am smaller than I am because these people feel that they're VIPs; less so so close to my birthday. 

While the start of the month wasn't so good, the rest of my birthday week was okay. I still bought my chocolate mousse cake and ate it. I walked in the rain. I met famous people. I ended my birthday week in style. I ate delicious food. I had a good time. I spent time on personal growth. I spent time with family. Looking at the bigger picture, what can I complain about, right? 

So as the month ends, I thank God for the blessings and the lessons. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses