Strawberry Hill (again)

My first trip to Strawberry Hill, the island in the middle of Stow Lake, was not complete because we weren't able to walk around the island. The fog came in fast, abruptly pulling the temperature down. So when I saw my chance to visit it a few weeks later, I jumped on it. 

It was a bright afternoon in the Golden Gate Park... not a cloud in sight. The lake was filled with water birds, turtles, and people on rowboats. Squirrels were busily foraging the path for fallen popcorn. It was an enjoyable walk. But I was really looking forward to see the hill's manmade waterfall.


Huntington Falls, because it doesn't depend on rain for its water volume, had quite a steady stream of water feeding into Stow Lake despite the drought that California is experiencing. And unlike the other waterfalls I've visited before, the trip to Huntington Falls was just a walk in the park. There was no hiking involved at all.

While I was reading about this waterfall, I learned that there's yet another one inside Golden Gate Park. I want to see this other one too! That's for next time. I also learned that the view at the top of Strawberry Hill is beautiful. This means that's I'll be back next time. I'm sure of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses