Breakfast gimik. Say what?!?

I am not a fan of breakfast. Even though people keep telling that this is supposed to be the heaviest meal of the day, I opt to skip eating so early in the morning (and by so early, I mean anytime before 9AM) because I always get a stomach ache when I eat then. There are exceptions, of course (which includes meals after running in a race, in between or during trip legs, and before going to the field). For those instances when I do eat at breakfast hour, I don't call the meal breakfast. I call it a snack.

For some strange reason, my friends all agreed to meet for breakfast at Noan's house a few days after Michele and Ian's wedding. Who would've thought I'd be up for that one?


The idea came about because Noan has a bakery that's gaining popularity in Victoria, Laguna and in the surrounding towns. We wanted to try out the famous pan de sal before the newlyweds and their entourage continued on with their holiday and I went to the lab.

Unfortunately, the pan de sal had been sold out even before we arrived so we settled for other breakfast fare. From what I hear from Noan, her mom liked the idea so much that she invited her friends over, also for breakfast, soon after this breakfast gimik of ours.

I have yet to try out the famous pan de sal. I shall return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses