Lugaw Queen


Rating:★★★★★
Category:Restaurants
Cuisine: Asian
Location:National Highway, Los Banos, Laguna Philippines
Opened only on October 29, 2008, the Lugaw Queen first caught my eye last night as I was driving home from work. And what made me slow down was the billboard: Lugaw Queen is open 24 hours! Another late night hang-out for me (aside from Goto LB and Mini-Stop)!

Tonight, I decided to try it out, since I left the lab at 10:30pm. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people - families, night shift employees, travelers - at that time of night, considering that the second semester in UPLB hasn't formally started yet (I think). But that shouldn't have surprised me given that the place is so well-lit and clean. And the reasonably priced food helped a whole lot too. The owners must have trained their staff well: even late at night, the people manning the counter were courteous and welcoming... not aloof at all.

I opted to try out the goto, egg, and chicharon lugaw (priced at P35.00 for a big bowlful of soup). It was steaming hot when given to me at the self-serve counter. Yummy! Perfect comfort food for the cold evening. And for those who don't like squeezing calamansi, fret not. The calamansi juice comes in glass bottles... goodbye sour fingers!

The owner or franchiser of the restaurant selected a good location. Situated right across Los Banos' public market (in front of a street lamp too), Lugaw Queen will surely have a big following since there's a lot of pedestrian traffic there the whole day. And since it's one of the more affordable eateries along the national highway open all day, I'm sure night owls from the campus won't mind hanging out here.

My only concern is the parking lot. The space can only accommodate four cars (I think), with just enough space for motorbikes to squeeze through. Perhaps, this shouldn't be too much of a concern for people like me who would most likely venture here late at night, but for people with cars wanting to eat here during the day, it's a very different scenario.

With all that said, I'm definitely coming back to eat here soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses