Black Saturday: Easter Vigil

Black Saturday has always had one of the more colourful ceremonies I've seen in the Philippine Independent Church. Tita Mely normally brings us with her for the night procession of the female saints. After the procession, we end up in church to watch water and candles being blessed and to listen to what seems to be an hours-long vigil.

This year (as in every time we attend the Black Saturday ceremony), Anna, Justine, and I were all sleepy by the time the vigil ended. I think that was why I've misheard one of the priests say "sasagipin ka ni Batman" (Batman will save you), in one of the psalms being recited. That woke me up really quick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses