Lola Bats' at the Black Pig

I've always wanted to bring Lola Bats to one of my favourite restaurants, The Black Pig, ever since I started eating there. Each time I had dinner there, I'd ask if there was an elevator so Lola could go on her wheelchair. At this point, Lola Bats was months into her 100th year and so she could not walk far or stand up for a long time so the escalator was out of the question. Also, I didn't dare bring Lola Bats out of the house by myself anymore; it's best to bring her with her helper, Mary Ann. Kuya Eldie and Richelle were with me too because the more, the merrier. It's difficult for me to drive up to Lola's house at rush hour because of the parking lot that is Alabang-Zapote Road so Kuya Eldie and Richelle picked up Lola and Mary Ann and then used the elevator with Lola in a wheelchair.

When the elevator doors opened and Lola noticed that she was in an upscale shopping area, she kept asking Mayaman ba tayo? (Are we rich?). She kept repeating that when she got inside the Black Pig. Yep, this was yet another one of Lola's funny moments. 


Dinner, as always, was superb. Carlos and Tricia had a great menu prepared for their guests... the salad, the jamon iberico board, and the risotto were delicious! Plus, we had ice cream in cones... sorbetes, rather than Lola's signature Starbucks order. I think that Lola particularly enjoyed the dessert because it reminded her of the time when she and Lolo Bats had an ice cream factory. 

It was kind of the two chefs to drop by our table despite their busy routine in the kitchen. They were able to meet the grandma I've always wanted to bring there (finally!). This is why I love going to the Black Pig (aside from the yummy food): the staff and the owners have become good friends of mine such that I always felt at home whether I go there with family or with my friends. It's my go-to place in Alabang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses