mixed messages


After class, my classmates and I carpooled to go to Greenbelt, Makati to eat lunch. At the intersection of Buendia and Nicanor Garcia, we were greeted by the confusing message of the traffic lights: both red and green lights were lit up! What was I supposed to do, go or stop? I thought I was the only one who was baffled... until a motorbike stopped in front of my car (I had stopped while wondering what to do). The driver kept looking at me as if asking if it's okay to go or not. I could only shrug.

It's a wonder that people haven't crashed their cars onto each other because of these mixed signals. I remember seeing a scene in The Italian Job in which vehicular accidents happened because the traffic lights of vehicles crossing the intersection were hacked to go green at the same time. At least, I can say that the drivers I shared the road with that day were still defensive drivers. No collisions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses