Feeling, the cat

And then there was one. Miming officially became the sole resident cat after Timtams disappeared. Not for long, however. A black and white tomcat appeared in the backyard and decided that it could shoo Miming (who's already in his senior years) away through bullying. 

I was intimidated with this tomcat because I'm not used to have aggressive feral cats loitering in my backyard. At first, I kept shooing it, at the risk of getting scratched or bitten, but eventually, I got convinced to allow the cat to share Miming's food (yes, even when Miming was eating soft foods, this tomcat also ate soft food).

Months later, I started calling it Feeling because it's feelingero (Filipino slang for someone who feels comfortable around others who aren't hospitable). 


The two cats were constantly competing for food until they figured out a system in which all kibbles placed above ground are for Miming while those on the ground are for Feeling. So now, the challenge is on feeding because that's when Feeling is most aggressive. In fact, he has scratched both Daddy and Anna in these feeding sessions. 

I'd like to believe that Feeling is getting tamer by the day because he has started becoming more docile when I'm around. Maybe, it's because he knows he's going to be fed in due course and because I'm not about to kick him. We'll see... I'm still not confident in handling this cat because of his mood swings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses