Anna and her next adventure

As Anna started packing her stuff in earnest, with help from Richelle and Kuya Junjun, Semisonic's song "Closing Time" started playing in my head... maybe because of this line: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end". It was an apt song, I think, because Anna's moving to the USA to be with the rest of the family and to establish new roots there.


This is her first long-haul flight and her first trip to California, which is one reason why everyone's excited for her, even Lola Bats. It must be difficult to pack your life into two balikbayan boxes but she was able to do it.



Mommy, Daddy, Biboy, and Barbara (who took the photo below) were at the San Francisco International Airport to pick her up. They actually went to the meeting area at the arrivals section... complete with balloons! 

(And my mom, crying, as usual)

Well, I was also there, in spirit... as you can see in the box, my penmanship's there. Physically, though, I'm holding the fort and getting the house ready for Biboy and Barbara's visit in a few weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses