at the Vask Tapas Room

A few months ago, I brought Biboy to Vask Tapas Bar. He liked the food and enjoyed the place that he made me promise to bring him there again when he visits with Barbara. Of course, I had to oblige! Vask is one of my favourite places to eat in at the Bonifacio Global City. 


They just had to try some of my go-to dishes here, like the foie gras on mango toast and the Wagyu beef carpaccio. I just have to say that a meal that starts with these two dishes cannot go wrong.


But we also ventured out with dishes that I tried for the first time during Biboy's visit, like these cochinillo tacos. Since Biboy and Barbara are based in the Bay Area, which is also a melting pot of food, particularly of cuisines within the Americas, it's quite natural that they've tasted better tacos. BUT, these Vask tacos were also delicious, thanks to the tasty pork that was used.


This is the first time I've tried the oysters at Vask, I think. It's delicious but it wasn't a showstopper, unlike the foie gras and the carpaccio. Probably that's because I prefer raw oysters with a dash of chili sauce and a squeeze of lemon.


Biboy and Barbara decided to have the scallop and black ink risotto. Since I'm allergic to squid, I got this for the first time. I think this is roast beef with mushrooms and fries on the side. Also very delicious. When I go back, I'm going to order this again.


And then there were the desserts. I had the rolling truffle, which is basically brownies and cotton candy with chocolate syrup poured onto it. This was my favourite until I've tasted Barbara's caramel chocolate lava, which I found to be more satisfying for the sweet tooth.


Biboy's deconstructed carrot cake was also good but I'm not much of a carrot cake fan. I love the ice cream though.


And then, Chele sent this from the kitchen (he was in another event so I wasn't able to introduce him again)... a dessert I haven't tried before. It's called torrija and it reminds me of those bread puddings that Ate Bing introduced me to. This was so delicious that I scratched off the caramel chocolate lava as my favourite dessert and switched to this... all in a matter of minutes.


Another awesome dinner at the Vask Tapas Bar. I'm already looking forward to eat there again. Looking forward to see Chele again soon. I really should time my trips to Vask better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses