I am a blood donor =)


We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.  
– Winston Churchill

Sleep hours... check!
Food and drink... check!
Weight... check!
Blood pressure... check!
Hemoglobin... check!

All these conditions conspired to allow me to donate blood earlier. Sticker # 2 on my yellow Red Cross blood donor card proves it. =)

Altruism day on my birthday week? Perhaps. I'm happy that I have the capacity to help someone out with the 450 cc blood I had given earlier. Plus, donating blood is said to be a healthy practice because it stimulates bone marrow production. 

WORD OF THE DAY:
Phlebotomist. A person whose expertise is blood extraction (such as in blood donations).

Comments

  1. Nice. Very educational and noble on your end indeed. I've been meaning to donate blood myself, however, my current weight and health status somehow doesn't allow me to do so. At least not yet. Now it gives me more motivation to complete my 60-day challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kaya din ako nagpapabigat. buti na lang umabot ako ng 110 lbs. on that day (with car and house keys, plus cellphone in the pocket, and wearing shoes on the scale).

    kaya mo ang 60-day challenge mo!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Before moving on, please share your thoughts or comments about the post. :)

Thanks again!

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses