finishing vehicle registration at the LTO in under 30 minutes

My car was out of commission for a few weeks because it had to undergo repairs at the shop (it got rear-ended earlier this year). Anyway just as Biboy and Barbara were going to start the Laguna leg of their vacation, I got word that the car was ready. Finally! But before I could let them use the car, I had to get the car registered at the LTO first. Last year, I was able to finish registering the car in under an hour. Hence, I was wondering if the LTO will continue to hold their impressively fast service record this time around.

I picked Biboy up so he could see how we register motor vehicles in the Philippines. His best friend, JC, had serious doubt that we could get it done in under an hour. If not, I had to drive Biboy and Barbara around; not a big deal but I didn't want to impose my schedule on them.

Biboy and I arrived at the LTO Calamba Satellite Office around 4pm. I already had all the registration documents on hand. Because there were no other cars for registration at that hour, we breezed through the stencils and the emission tests. The actual processing of the papers and the payment took about 15 minutes!

We were out by 4:19pm! Nineteen minutes!!

I couldn't believe it, as I handed the key to the car to Biboy. This was the fastest registration experience at the LTO, ever! I doubt that the next car registration would be this fast... after all, I was there just when the long holiday was starting; but they had to entertain all customers that arrived before a cut-off time. 

Naturally, JC had to follow up on our status. He was so surprised that we were already driving home and that everything was finished in under 20 minutes. He was speechless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses