Les Rives de Toho

After a thought-provoking visit to the sea, it's time to have a bit of adventure on a lake. Les Rives de Toho. I initially thought that kayaking on the lake was on the agenda (and I wasn't exactly wearing waterproof clothes) but it turned out that the highlight was lunch on a floating restaurant somewhere in the middle of the lake!

So, donning a life jacket, I took my seat in the motor boat and looked forward to a good ride on the water. Looking backwards, I instantly remembered wakeboarding on Caliraya Lake


But because there's no wakeboarding in the agenda today, I enjoyed taking photos of the view instead. One thing I noticed was that boats on Lac Toho did not have those outriggers (katig) that Filipino boats typically have. I'd be quite intimidated to ride the outrigger-less boats because I think that they can easily tilt over.



At the same time, I admire the balance of the fishermen, the boat driver, and the passengers of such boats because they must have excellent sense of balance.

I was looking forward to seeing some wild life during the short boat ride. There were a few raptors patrolling the skies but I did not see other birds. The cattle egret that I have learned to expect (because I keep seeing it in the tropics) was evidently absent. It probably was the wrong time of the day (or of the year) for birdwatching on the lake.

But I'm sure that there is fish and an aquaculture-based industry in the lake because there were fish pens.



There was just a bit of a haze, preventing me to capture the place in all its vivid colours. Perhaps, I'll find myself venturing out here again someday when the haze isn't there. Then, the pictures will be livelier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses